Drupal is notorious for being on the move. Core Drupal errors get fixes, modules get updated, or the interface changes. So we've added a new feature called video updates that will quietly alert you if there have been any updates to a video you should be aware about.
When there's an update, you'll see a green box above the video player with the number of updates that have been made. You can click this to open up an overlay (so you don't lose your place) to view the updates.
If you want to view all the updates across all the videos, there's a link at the very bottom of the site called Video Updates.
We'll also be posting any errors or inconsistencies in the videos that you should be aware of this way.
50+ Transcripts Have Been Added
This last week we added 50 or so more transcripts, making more of our library searchable, and enabling the transcript view for more of the videos. If you haven't see the transcript feature in action, check out the video.
The transcript view really changes the way you can watch or review a video since you can quickly scan through the content, clicking on different areas of a transcript to jump to that point in the video. It also works great when the video is paused, allowing you to see virtual screenshots at different points in the text. You can also use your browser to search the transcript for particular keywords and quickly find what you're looking for.
Get 30 Days Free!
You can still get 30 days free by sending us a video review of Build a Module.com. Just tell us what you think, how Build a Module.com has helped you or your organization, and we'll hook you up with a free month's subscription.
12 New Videos on Troubleshooting Module Installation and Configuration
This week we're releasing chapter 15 of Build Your First Drupal 7 Web Site. In this chapter, we explore what do do when you run into problems installing or configuring a module. We explore how to dig up information about deep module dependencies and how to find out more about errors.
- Updating other guide nodes and using alt and title attributes for an image field
- Review of what we need to complete our template
- How to install the Media module
- How to find a module dependency when it is not its own module project
- Where to find information about a newly installed module
- How managed and unmanaged files work, and the benefits of using the Media module
- How to upload an image with the Media module and use it as a background
- What to do when CSS changes aren't being applied
- What to do when you get a fatal error and how to clear all caches
- How to search for an error in Google and tips for reading a long issue
- The difference between module development versions and official releases
- Chapter review and challenges for the "Troubleshooting Module Installation and Configuration" chapter