- The treadmill is a Pro-Form 770 EKG. I bought it on Cragslist for $150 (my last treadmill was $50)
- I walk from 1-2 MPH (no, I don't run, in spite of the picture you see below).
- I'm on the treadmill for 4-6 hours a day
People ask me if I run on this thing. I don't. Partially because it would make working impossible, and partially because I work upstairs in an older home and fear for its integrity.
The white part is kind of a 'floating' surface. It's not screwed down so that I can shift it from time to time - mostly depending on how big my lunch is.
Here's what I did to attach the desk surface to the handles:
- First, I removed the rubber handles, exposing the metal bar you see above
- Then, I took a drill and trilled two holes in each handle.
- I took the two screws from other parts of the treadmill that didn't really need them (I hope) and screwed in the bookshelf braces. I got the braces as True Value for a couple bucks apiece.
- Once these were stable, I laid a bit of spare plywood board on the braces and marked out where the screw holes were.
- I created some pilot holes and screwed the braces to the plywood.
The bright red item you see to the right is a fly gun.