Want to learn Drupal 7 development, but haven't had the time yet? Have a development team that needs to get on board with Drupal 7 fast? Are you teaching Drupal and need training material for your students?
The Build a Module.com site has been entirely revamped to include a super-clean interface for watching and browsing videos, new video organization, and a community forum for subscriber-to-subscriber support.
Tons of free Drupal development training material
There's over 5 hours of free videos available so you can learn a ton without having to purchase anything, though subscriptions, HD downloads as well as DVDs are available for full access to the videos. Once a purchase has been made, the entire source code for the examples used in the videos will be available for download so you can easily follow along.
Here's a sample of the free videos:
Introduction to Module Building
- Why to build a module instead of modifying source code, and how this video series works
- Setting up the module folder
- About the .info file
- Coding the .module file
- Our module recreated in 2 minutes and next steps
- Setting up the .module file structure
- What hooks are and a demo of our final module
- How hooks are invoked with module_invoke_all()
Coding standards, the Form API and the menu system:
- Why coding standards are useful and important
- Using the Coder module to find problems
- The benefits of using the Form API
- Creating a simple form
- How the menu system works
- How to use include files to improve performance and next steps
Theming and the Database API
- How the theme layer helps designers and coders work together
- How to invoke a theme function
- How to override template files and next steps
- What is the Database API
Working with users and nodes
- What the "How to Work With Users" video covers and a preview of the final module
- How to modify the user settings form
- Introduction to the Node API
- How to load and view a single node and create fake content
A few extras for newsletter subscribers
Signing up for the newsletter also gets you access to a number of other free videos, including:
Modifying forms with hook_form_alter()
Ever wanted to change a Drupal form, but didn't know how? Look no further, here's how.
Adding autocomplete to a text input
Take a look behind the magic of autocomplete inputs - awesome for search boxes, usernames and more.
How to use render arrays and tabs
I bet you're at least a bit curious about render arrays. They're a big deal, like you! Learn how to use them to allow your pages to be modified by other modules.
How to use sub-tabs
Tabs are nice, but what about tabs of tabs? Well, here you go.
If you have any questions or have any material you'd like to see covered, please drop me a line.