Over the last two weeks, Build a Module.com has released 17 videos on how to use the File API in Drupal 7. This week we wrap the series up with 7 more videos, completing the final example where we build an image gallery with managed files completely outside of the node system. We also added a video on X-sendfile, the Apache mod that makes the private file system scream, and we open up the black box of stream wrapper code.
In addition to this release, the full collection of all 24 File API videos is also now available as a purchasable download.
In case you missed the previous announcements, below are the videos that are free for all visitors plus a couple that are available to mailing list subscribers:
- What this video covers and a demo of our node-free image gallery module
- What the difference is between a URI and a URL
- How to process an unmanaged file and recursively create a directory
- How to use the private file system with unmanaged files
- How private files are delivered and how to troubleshoot private file issues
The new videos
And below are the new videos. At this time, they're only available to subscribers, but we occasionally open up subscriber-only videos to the public for special occasions, so keep your ears out (or follow us on Twitter).
- How to add a managed file input to a form
- How to validate a managed file, prevent it from being deleted and add a usage marker
- How to use the EntityFieldQuery class to match certain criteria and display the results
- How to delete managed files
- How to work with private managed files
- How to configure and use X-Sendfile to improve private file performance
- A quick look at the code behind stream wrappers