Ever since I heard about the VoIP Drupal module, I've been itching to set up some kind of service that allows people to call in and leave testimonials for BuildAModule. But, I haven't had a chance and decided today that it was time to do something about it. I ran into this awesome article outlining the process of using Google Voice to set up the service, and ended up with this (click this if you want to tell us what you think about BuildAModule):
Here's the breakdown of what to do:
- Go to your Google Voice page (you can set it up at this point if you haven't already)
- Click the settings cog wheel
- Click Call Widgets
- Click "Add a new Call Widget"
Next, you set up the widget:
- Enter a name for the widget
- Select "Send to voicemail"
- Click "Record now" to record a new greeting
Finally, copy the widget object code and embed it in a web page:
If you want to embed the testimonials on the page, go to your inbox, and on the message you want to embed:
- Click on "more"
- Click on "embed"
- Copy the embed code and paste it into your web page
Here's an example of that: